Konark Software is a SBA 8(a) active program participant
SBA’s 8(a) program simplifies the contracting process for Federal Government Agencies. Contracting Officers have the ability to award sole-source contracts and rapidly engage qualified companies such as Konark Software that are in the 8(a) program to avoid any interruption in services. Our participation in this program enables government federal agencies to rapidly engage and receive quality services. The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition process.
- 8(a) Sole Source: 8(a) contracts can be acquired non-competitively when the value of the contract does not exceed $4.5 million for services
- Reduced Decision Cycle: Time required to administratively process and award an 8(a) sole source contract can be very short. For sole source 8(a) set-asides, synopsis in FedBizOpps is not required (FAR 5.202(a)(4) and a Justification and Approval (J&A) is not required (FAR 6.302-5(c)(2)(i))
- Streamlined Acquisition Process: Negotiations occur only between the agency, SBA, and the potential 8(a) eligible vendor.
- Prices Reflect the Best Value: Agency negotiates with the firm directly to get a best value deal.
- Shorter procurement process:
Federal agencies can award a direct sole source award to Konark Software bypassing a lengthy procurement cycle thereby avoiding a gap in services to the government.
- Rapid acquisition cycle:
Contracting Officers have a cost efficient way of placing a contract and help goverment agencies procure services even during the final quarter of the fiscal year
- Small Business Credits: Agencies can receive small business participation credits with each 8(a) contract they award.
- 8(a) program information:
For more information about SBA’s 8(a) program, please click here: 8(a).